Landlord Gas Safety Certificate - CP12 Gas Boiler Safety

A CP12 Certificate is a legally required Landlord Gas Safety Certificate which must be renewed every 12 months following an inspection by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer. At KS Gas all our engineers are fully-qualified expert tradesman who will produce their certification on arrival at your property - so you can be sure you're in good hands.

KS Gas offer a specialist Landlord Gas Safety Certificate service, providing the deep expertise and the high level of customer service you'd expect from a leader in the field. Our aim is to provide you with a competitive price for a service that meets your needs fully, while maintaining our dedication to customer service. Get in touch for a free quote to see how we can help you.

 What Is A CP12 Landlord Certificate?

A CP12 certificate is supplied when a landlord employs a registered gas engineer to carry out a 12 monthly gas safety inspection on all gas appliances they have in any properties they rent out.

Obtaining a CP12 Landlord Gas Safety Certificate involves:

  • Tightness test (this test makes sure you have no gas leaks )
  • Visual inspection to make sure everything on the installation complies with gas regulations.
  • Gas rate or burner pressure (to make sure your appliances are burning the right amount of gas safely and efficiently).
  • Flu gas analysis (Check efficient running and to makes sure carbon monoxide levels are safe).
  • Check safety devices on appliances.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificate Cost

Compared to our competitors we offer a second-to-none value-for-money service!

Prices are as follow:

  • Full inspection boiler only just £69 + VAT
  • Boiler and cooker just £69 + VAT
  • Boiler, Cooker and gas fire £150 + VAT
  • Special terms available for letting agents and landlords with many properties.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificate

Landlords are legally responsible for their tenants when it comes to gas safety. Landlord duties apply to a wide range of properties such as residential premises for rent, hotels, rented holiday homes and hostels. A CP12 gas safety certificate is issued to landlords, homeowners and estate agents and is legally required by the Gas Safety Installation and Use Regulations 1998.

It means compliancy to the gas safety regulations and should be completed every 12 months. This makes sure that all landlords ensure that gas appliances are all working efficiently and safely within the property. You should get this from a Gas Safe registered engineer for all pipework, gas appliances and flues installed at your property.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificate Responsibilities

As a landlord, if you let a property with gas appliance installed in the property, you have the following responsibilities:

Maintenance – pipework, appliances and flues should all be maintained and serviced to verify that they are in a safe condition. Gas appliances must be services in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions and a Gas Safe registered professional should take care of the servicing. If a tenant has their own gas appliance that has not been provided by you, the landlord will be responsible for the maintenance and pipework, but not the actual appliance itself.

Gas Safety Checks – A yearly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance and flue. A gas safety check makes sure all gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.

Record – landlords should keep a record of the annual gas safety check and provided to your tenant within 2 days of the completed check. You should also give a copy of the record to new tenants as they move in. It is a requirement for landlords to keep copies of the records for two years.

Emergency – Tenants should be made aware of where to turn off the gas and what steps to take in case of the event of a gas emergency such as a leakage.

If a tenant won’t allow access to the property, the contract you provided with the tenant should allow you to access the property for any maintenance or safety checks to be carried out. In the case that they refuse access, you should provide records to show them the steps that need to be taken.

Landlord Gas Certificate Safety Checks

Gas safety checks involve a Gas Safe registered engineer checking your gas appliances. They will make sure the gas appliances are on the correct setting and are burning correctly with the correct operating pressure. They will also inspect the ventilation routes are working and any harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely. A gas safety check will be able to identify any damages to the system that need to be repaired or replaced.

As a minimum, the record of a gas safety check done by a Gas Safe registered engineer should contain:

  • Descriptions of the locations of each appliance or flue that is checked
  • The name, registration number and the signature of the Gas Safe registered engineer carrying out the check
  • The date that the appliance or flue was checked
  • The address of the property where the appliance or flue is installed
  • The name and address of the landlord or agent
  • A note of any safety related defects identified and any action taken to repair the damage or prevent any further damages from happening
  • Confirmation that the safety check has included an examination of the appropriate matters in paragraphs (a) to (d) of the Gas Safety Installation and Use Regulations 1998.

In order to get your CP12 Gas Safety Certificate, you will need to apply.

What you’ll get with a Gas Safety Certificate:

  • Your gas appliances will be checked for gas tightness.
  • If test points area unit offered, standing and working pressure will be tested.
  • Your Gas Safe engineer will check burner pressure and gas rate against the manufacturer’s information plate.
  • Checks are carried out for the supply of all necessary ventilation.
  • Flue flow is tested to make certain sure products of combustion are removed.
  • All flame failure devices are checked for satisfactory operation.
  • Where appropriate checks are made for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets.
  • Investigations for any evidence of unsafe operation are made and reported.

Without completing all of the above checks an appliance cannot be issued a Gas Safety Certificate.

Get a Free Quote

Your local Gas, Plumbing and Heating specialists are waiting to help

Get a Quote